Friday, December 27, 2013

Our Christmas 2013

This Christmas was a great one! Agreeably the best one we have had in several years. Gabe and I just couldn't stop high-fiving each other due to happiness. Haha! It wasn't just the fact that we were over the moon excited to give our family our gifts, it was also just that it was a "smooth" season. I attribute most of that to the fact that we started our Christmas shopping at the end of November. That is SUPER early for us! Also, we have a two year old now that loved every little thing about the Christmas season. I feel like it just got really fun with her!!

We had such a great Christmas Eve with my dad's side of the family. We go there every year, and it is always a blast. We took cookie dough to bake for Santa and let Amara get in her new Christmas jammies. Gabe and I stayed up until about 4:30 am assembling toys and finishing our last minute wrapping. We made some turkey sandwiches for fuel and then eventually passed out. I was so excited to see Amara open gifts that it took me a while to settle before I could actually fall asleep. :)

9:30 am came quickly, and I felt as though I had been hit by a truck. Coming off of a head cold and winding down from pre Christmas day festivities really took a lot out of me. I was still so happy though! We went up to get Amara ( who was talking in her bed), and let her color on her cards for Grandma and Gigi. Such a sweet start to the morning.. doing something for the ones we love! We made French toast and bacon and mimosas and just opened gifts throughout the morning. It was so. much. fun!

Amara's reaction to Santa coming? "Wooooow!" "Look, Aunt Jess!" ( who was sleeping on our couch)
We finished off our evening by going to a friend's house and eating with their family while our kiddos played together. Amazing dinner! Great cocktails! Even better company. It was such a sweet time, and I am so grateful.

Not forgetting the real reason we celebrate this day.... Jesus' birth. I will never be able to truly fathom his birth, life, death and resurrection. I am so thankful for His love and mercy on me my whole life! Happy Birthday Jesus! :)















Hope you had a Merry Christmas and enjoy the rest of your holiday!!
xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment