Sunday, November 27, 2011

I am thankful for......

     EVERYTHING!!!! This year has been better than ever, and God has just "blessed our socks off" as my dad said in his dinner prayer. It couldn't be farther from the truth though. So, we cooked it all up and just enjoyed a beautiful, sunny day at home.


     Amara spent most of the day in her swing. I don't want to wish her life away, but I couldn't help but daydream about the first time that I can teach her something in the kitchen! Jackie ( Gabe's mom) came over to watch the parade with us and eat a little breakfast, then it was off to prep the turkey and start cooking! My mom joined later and helped us finish up! We were all missing my sis, Jess, as she was in Austin, TX working, so we skyped! My younger sister, Jordan, was with her dad so the weight of my family was a lot lighter this year, and I felt it. Gabe's younger bro, Marcel, joined us and the 5 of us had a nice dinner. I couldn't get out the words to tell what I was thankful for without bursting into tears, but hey.....I am an emotional one.




  Gabe surprised me with my dream kitchen gadget........ a turquoise KitchenAid Mixer. I walked into the kitchen in the am and literally walked past it several times before my we ( the mixer and I) caught eyes, and fell in LOVE!!! I really wasn't expecting it at all just because it is a lot of money to spend for us Patillos, but man I was soooooo grateful!!!!


Hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving! There is so much to be thankful for no matter who you are or what you have been through this year! Blessings!









Skyping with Jess










New favorite contraption for both baby AND mommy! She didn't like the swing at first, but now she loves it!

One of our attempts at a family picture for Jackie's Christmas card :)

Amara spit her paci out onto her growing belly and passed out/ the way I felt by 9 pm on Thanksgiving night!




No comments:

Post a Comment