Friday, September 27, 2013

Color dipped Ikea kid's table

I have been searching for almost a year for the perfect kids' table for Amara. She is so little, that even the smallest chairs have been to tall for her. Not to mention the way that she climbs up onto the chairs meant that I needed something that wouldn't tip over easily. Table and chair sets are expensive ya'll!!!

As long as it has taken my undecisive self to make a decision, it appears that Amara has grown. This is great news to me because I really liked all of the hacks that I have seen done to the Latke Ikea table, but I just never felt like it was a sturdy enough combo for my little. Until now! $20 for a table and 2 chairs!?!?! Boom....DONE! We were able to get it shipped to us for $11 bringing the final cost to around $32.

I took some leftover aqua paint that I had from her play kitchen, and spiced up the legs on the table just a bit. I just used some painter's tape to mark off where I wanted to paint. I really love how it turned out!

I am SLOOOOOOOOOWLY trying to put together an office upstairs in Amara's original nursery room. I really just working with what I already have. No new storage ( for right now) and no painting the walls (hence the bright pink chevron). I wanted to create a little nook in the office for Amara to entertain herself while I do whatever it is you do in an office/craft room. Its just a bright open space upstairs, and I find that we do NOT live upstairs. We spend all of our time downstairs, and I am trying to change that.....one. room. at. a. time.

Here is Amara's little nook as it stands today. When the budget allows, I plan on adding some book shelving below the artwork to hold art supplies and such.




 ^^ I took an old Anthropologie catalog that I had saved and hung pictures from it with gold washi tape! I saved the catalog for the pig picture specifically, but ended up hanging others also. Just kind of quirky and fun!^^



^^ The tassel garland was something I had already made from a baby shower I threw earlier in the year. It pays off to save those things, huh? ^^




I kind of love this little space for now. I think it is nice to have a little something your child can do in each room of the house until they can be left somewhat unsupervised. If I have to go to a different room in my house, I hate feeling like I have to take toys with me. They will just be there already! :)

Have a GREAT weekend!!
J

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa!! I kind of can't stop staring at it lol. I totally decorate vicariously through Amara.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait until I can justify doing this in our house!!--Having a little nook in every room for her. Trying to as best as I can even now, but seeing things like this make me so excited for her to grow up (just now yet!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knoooow! Rosie...enjoy these little baby moment now! I am trying to make the best of her not being my "baby" anymore by looking at the positives ( such as spaces like this) of having a toddler. It goes soooooooo fast! ;) There are great parts to each phase I think though!

      Delete
  3. I really love what you've done with the Ikea table and chair set. Would you mind sharing the source of the mint green paint? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love what you've done with the Ikea table and chair set. Would you mind sharing the source of the mint green paint? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete