Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Happy Birthday!!!

Dearest Amara,

   It is 1 am right now and daddy and I are both up working hard on the final details that mommy is obsessing over for your 1st Birthday Bash!! It has been one of the things I have looked forward to since the day you were born! Little did I know, it would come so very soon!

  I just want to take this time to tell you how much you changed my life. I actually don't even think that I can put it into words. You will probably never know, or even understand it. I am watching daddy edit a video that encapsulates so many amazing moments from your first year of life, and I can't even get through the intro without tears of joy streaming down my face! You went to bed pretty late tonight ( party girl), so I rocked you and gave you your bottle, and you fell right to sleep in my arms....snoring and all. You don't do that much anymore because you are getting to be a big girl now. It was the best part of my day! Everything about the sounds you make, the way you smell after a warm bath, you looking into my eyes when I feed you or just a little smirk from you can literally take any not so good day and make it a perfect day!

 I could go on and on about little things like that, but what I really want to say is just that I am so very proud to be your mom. I just adore you, and I love watching you grow and learn new things each and every day. You really are a "happy baby". I love when people stop me everywhere I go to tell me ( and you) how beautiful you are and how crazy your hair is! haha! All I can think to myself is " man, if they only got to spend one day with her....they would see how much of that beauty comes from deep within!" You remind me so much of daddy when it comes to the joy that you exude and your peaceful nature. Just when I think I can't love you more........

You are teaching me so much about life. They day that I had you, so many things that mommy cared about quit mattering to me. It was the best thing that happened to both daddy and me! We are forever grateful to God that we get to be your parents baby girl! Every night that I lay you down to sleep, I pray over you! I believe in prayer......God will do amazing things through you if you let Him. You won't remember your first birthday, but I will forever! You got to eat a little cake, you had an extra special dinner with daddy and I at Burger Up and it couldn't have been a more beautiful day! It felt like Fall!!

Today was your day, but even on our most trying days, mommy feels like it is HER birthday! You are the best gift that I could have ever hoped for! I can't wait to celebrate you this weekend. You are loved by SO many! Happy Birthday "boots". I love you sooooooo much!

Love You MORE,
Mommy




Now, onto the more regular format for my monthly posts......

It is crazy that is has been a year already, but at the same time....I have been with this baby EVERY SINGLE DAY this year, so it definitely doesn't seem like it has gone by THAT fast ;)

Some of the things Amara is doing/loving right now are pulling up/standing up on the floor, in shopping carts, in stroller and even in her highchair. She is hard to contain these days! Gotta love that energy though! She is trying to walk ( by holding on to things and scooching her way around on those tiny feet)
Wearing shoes :)
Playing tug of war with Sadie
Holding her own spoon ( not even close to feeding herself....more like throwing her food off of it)
Pulling things out of containers
Opening and closing cabinets
"Dancing"
Waving at everyone still ( even when no one is waving or even looking at her )








Other favs....

teeth!!



I know I look scary here, but I was looking in a mirror behind her trying to get her to smile.....














3 comments:

  1. SO sweet!!! Love that precious girl! I can't believe she's 1! Man it goes fast. This was a great reminder to savor each moment! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I just love this post! You perfectly encapsulated your love for Amara in words and pictures- I wish I could do that! She is the most beautiful girl inside and out! Congrats to YOU and GABE on the first year as wonderful parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you like DIY and are you searching for Scrapbook Material? If so, then you might be interested in our Yama DIY Ribbon. We are the leading ribbon company from China, we have vast selection in stock for your choice. Get Discount Ribbon here without any hesitation: http://www.yamaribbon.com

    ReplyDelete