Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Prego needs a project....

So, I took a quick stroll through Goodwill yesterday after I dropped some things off. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but I ended up with a mirror, lamp shade, and two cool little vases for $11 bucks!! I just feel like I need something else to do that doesn't involve the nursery or washing baby things.


From day one, I voted NO television in our downstairs living room. That is why we have a bonus room....we don't need a tv in every room. We have one in our bedroom downstairs, and one upstairs in the bonus room. Ever since being 23 lbs heavier, I have HATED the stairs. I literally take a deep breath every time before I take my first step upward. I just want to make the downstairs as functional as possible without having to run upstairs for every little thing, SO........we broke down and bought another television for downstairs as it will become my living space! We also set up shop in our bedroom with a changing table, clothes, glider....all that! The nursery will get used for sure, I just want to have things on both levels.....mainly because I am lazy!

That is a REALLY drawn out story for my little project today. Due to the tv, we have completely moved our living room around to be more functional instead of formal. I was left with a console table from IKEA that I didn't know what to do with. So, we stood it up vertically for now and created a bit of a "divider" between the living room and dining room! It made room for the swing and baby chair.....ay ya ya.....

I decided to take on the little vases I found first, and on top of the console/bookcase is the perfect place. It is kind of a running joke between my aunt and I. She came to my house once and I had a bowl full of moss and she asked what it was, and why I had it. I explained that it was for decorating purposes only, and now she is obsessed with the idea. Secret Santa gift ...check! I can't keep plants alive, so moss is a great way for me to have greenery in my house without having to have total fake plants everywhere, which I hate! So, below is my latest. It just took me 10 minutes to feel domestic today, and I am happy with the results!



I still can't believe that I have baby stuff in my house....

Already had the tissue and I found this reindeer moss on clearance at JoAnne's for .50 cents a bag! I basically STOLE it.





My cute little vase finds....$1.99 ea

Putting tissue in the bottom of unclear vases allows me to not have to waste what I want to be seen!  It is a great "stuffer"



ta da!! Still waiting on one more coordinating vase to go with these ( it needs 3 for sure), but I wasn't so lucky this last trip! Maybe next time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment