Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day!


This year was my first Mother's Day ( with Amara out of the womb)! It definitely did NOT go the way I had planned. The weather was so dreary and wet, we woke up late, and we were so exhausted, but we pulled through. It was so great getting to celebrate motherhood with my little baby!! Gabe did everything ( on Amara's behalf) to make me feel like the most appreciated mom in the world. I woke up to a nice surprise.....a sewing machine!!! YAY!!! I was so shocked that Gabe picked it out all by himself. Of course, he did his research. If you know my husband, he always gets the best bang for his buck....no question!

I also received the Dirty Dancing on blue ray. It is literally one of my most favorite girlie movies. Gabe has yet to see it.....I DID say YET! I informed him that since he got it for me, he HAS to watch it with me. He agreed cause he is the bomb hubby!

We went to a place called Marche for the best brunch I have ever had in my entire life! My mother - in- law, Jackie met us there so we could celebrate the special mom ( and Grandma) that she is. It was soooo unbelievably crowded and the wait was about an hour, but Amara did so freaking good. She ate her food and played. One of my best friends, Leah, was there as well enjoying her special day. We knew that we would see each other, but didn't know that we would get to eat together! It was such a special treat....a mother's day I will never forget! Then, we all came home, took a nap, grabbed fast food for dinner, watched some tv, skipped baths, and went to bed! It was FABULOUS friends!!

It was all so surreal being among moms that get to be celebrated! I actually still can't believe I have a daughter!?! When will it sink in?!? I am so grateful for the chance to be a mom. Regardless of whether you have given birth to someone or not, plenty of women are still loved like moms and should be celebrated on this day! Moms of all kinds have played such important roles in my life. I have learned how to love kids, keep a home, love my husband, and love myself from these women. Since I suck at living in the moment....I can't wait for Father's Day! :) Gabe definitely deserves his day as well!












No comments:

Post a Comment