Monday, August 6, 2012

Randomness...

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I sure did! Gabe was gone on Saturday, so Amara and I got to spend some time with family. We ventured out for some cinnamon doughnuts and home made orangeade (YUM) at the Farmer's Market. On Sunday, we got to do our usual cleaning of the studio and then headed to church, which was so amazing as always. I am still having a hard time walking away from the door at the nursery knowing that Amara is crying. Why do I like to look? Just drop off and walk away....it is so hard for me though. 

Not only is eating out my absolute FAVORITE thing to do, but it is especially so on Sundays. However, we opted out of Sunday lunch since we knew we would be going to dinner that night ($$), and I am actually glad we did. It was pouring rain when we left church so it was so nice to just come home and all of us rest. I stripped Amara down to her diaper and let her play in the bed with Gabe and I ......those are some of the fondest memories I will keep! I actually didn't do any cleaning......we just relaxed and it was perfection!!

Then, later that evening, we celebrated my mother-in-laws birthday at an amazing sushi spot called Wild Ginger. Amara did sooooooo well! I was a proud mama. Gabe had to work today, which is a bummer, but it is a big opportunity and that man will do whatever it takes to provide for his family. I am thankful for that daily....sometimes more than once daily :). He leaves again tomorrow for a WHOLE WEEK!! Bummer.....

I am digging down deep to find strength for him to be away for these longer tour runs. I truly respect single moms on a whole different level now. I am so lucky to at least have family around, but sometimes you just want your spouse. Amara is doing so many new fun things daily, and I know he hates to miss it all, but thank goodness for amazing technology these days.

This is all kind of a random post with pics from the weekend.....I don't usually do weekend recaps, but I am feeling crazy today ;)

Happy Monday everyone!!!

My little sister, Jordan and my mom ( yes, I know we look alike, and it doesn't help matters
when we wear the same exact shirt, but in different colors. Totally unplanned! )








Amara sits in high chairs and stroller side ways.......so strange, that kid!


No comments:

Post a Comment