Monday, December 3, 2012

14 months...what!?!


I have completely fallen off of my monthly updates, and I am sorry to say that I think it will be a permanent fall. I can, however, manage to do a post every now and then ( every two months) haha!
I just wanted to do an update on the sweet baby girl who is just rocking our world right now. I am going to call her our "baby" as long as I possibly can, although, she is quickly making her way to Toddler-land. 

 After her first b-day ( pics HERE), it was like she all of a sudden felt grown up to me. I have a bad habit of rushing to the next milestone, but she always gets there and then I can't believe it has already come and gone!?!?! Ugh, I need to stop already. The gap between her taking her first step to her walking as fast as we do is all too short. I would say walking, eating "big girl" foods and taking our world by storm with her independence and opinions are the most drastic changes. I welcome them, but man oh man.....


The last two months have honestly been kind of a blur to me. Work is picking up for me ( new business ventures, current clients, etc.), we are adjusting to daddy's tour schedule, which seems to have no end in sight ;), and just everyday life tends to make my mind hazy. I am not going to lie, I have had some harder days now that Amara is more of a handful....( and I sometimes talk about wanting another one soon??? what!?!?!) Crazy, I know! My husband reminds me all of the time. Despite all of these things, there is not a day that goes by that I question Amara's purpose in our lives. I know for me personally, I am learning patience ( she walks slow/ I am always on a mission), I am learning to get stains out of EVERYTHING, I am definitely learning to be giving of my time, and trying to not be selfish with it     (when nap times don't go my way), Goldfish are my best friend ( shopping trips are a nightmare without them), trying to master the reprimanding without smiling or laughing....the list goes on! I am so thankful for the things God is teaching me through this little one! I couldn't be happier to be her mommy!


Photo disclaimer: I have not been very disciplined about using our camera, so most of these are phone shots...oops!








Happy 14 months "Boots"!

No comments:

Post a Comment