Wednesday, April 11, 2012

6.5 and counting

I am attempting to write my blog post during nap times, which seems nearly impossible sometimes because I have so many other things to do during nap times, but here goes...

I don't generally do a half month post on Amara, but I woke up this morning thinking about how quickly she is changing, and how I want to document these changes for us to look back on. Two weeks makes such a huge difference nowadays! We started food a little over two weeks ago. It is going well, however, it did take the full two weeks for her to finally open her mouth on her own for me to put the food in :). So far we have tried sweet potatoes, bananas, and apples. Bananas are the favorite choice right now, as they were for me when I was a baby. We are kind of having to trick her by getting her to open her mouth for the paci and then sliding food in there. Then, she will suck on the paci to suck the food down. It is a bad habit. I have to not even bring the paci to the table. Bad mommy! She is definitely getting the hang of it though! We are on a schedule ( somewhat), and it has changed my life!! Amara is usually in bed by about 8 and sleeps until 7:30. The past few nights she has been waking up around 5:30 for different reasons ( laying on her paci, in the corner of the bed with nowhere to go, on her tummy and can't roll back over, etc.)

It is really enjoyable for me to watch her sleep. We have a baby cam that we can check on her with, and she is a mover and a shaker. Most mornings, Gabe and I ask each other "what end was her head on THIS morning?" She is all over the place!! Our doctor said for us to let her cry it out when we put her down and don't put her down with a paci. Let her find it on her own to soothe herself. Amara has been a rockstar. She hasn't cried for more than 5 minutes, and that was just the first few nights! I am so proud of her!! She wakes up happy. You can just look at her now and make a face, and she will cast the BIGGEST smile ever! I live for those smiles right now!! My best part of the day is our morning rituals. We get up and let her sit in her vibrating chair and turn on Dora the Explorer ( the first and only show she took to for a while) or the Backyardigans ( she is loving right now), and Gabe and I will make breakfast and coffee and sit and eat. It is such a RICH time for me. It is like spending time with God in the morning. You know how that just starts your day off right!?! That is how I feel about our family time. It is just another one of those things that sets the pace for my day and my attitude!

I am just so thankful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment