Thursday, May 16, 2013

DIY terrariums




I have about 10 minutes before my sweet baby wakes up from her nap, but I wanted to get this post up because I am sooooo excited to have FINALLY planted my little succulents that I bought about a week ago. I just let them rest on my window sill until I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. I decided to use the vases and pots that I already had on hand. For me, this meant that I had to do a few separate plants instead of planting them all in one giant pot like I had originally envisioned.  I am so glad that I went in that direction because I change my mind A LOT. This gives me the freedom to move them throughout the house if I want or just rearrange them where they are.

 I grabbed a basic terra cotta planter that I had in the garage and spray painted it in "lemongrass"so that I could add a touch of color to our very "woody" and white dining space. It is my kind of yellowy -green, and I love it. I covered each plant with some potting soil, moss from JoAnn's fabric store, and some river rock from JoAnn's as well. I am in loooooove! They just brighten up our space so much!! Not to mention, I am not the best at keeping things alive....plant wise. I mean....I really suck at it. I am hoping that these little guys stay around for a while. Fingers crossed!









No comments:

Post a Comment